Sunday, April 4, 2010



I finished two books in two days - I may not have enough books from the library for my whole spring break!

I read The Hunger Games in less than one day. Its a YA book about a post-apocalyptic world. I could not put it down! Normally, I have a hard time with YA books because I feel like they are too whiny and filled with teen angst. But I loved this one. I can't wait to read the next book in the series, Catching Fire. Things between Katniss and Peeta are so unfinished. And what happens when Katniss returns to her family? Are they proud of her or are they ashamed at how she's acted, the way that Peeta is? And I read the jacket cover for CF and I am already wondering why Gale is so cold towards Katniss. Unfortunately, I am #7 on the list at the library.

The book I finished yesterday was While I'm Falling. It was a good book, but I was anxious to finish it, not because it was un-put-down-able, but instead because I wanted to move on to my next book. It was a solid read, with good character development and a nice pace. But it wasn't overly gripping.

Last night, Nate and I rented The Watchmen and An Education. Both movies are based on writing, one a comic book and the other a book by Nick Hornby. We only saw The Watchmen. Maybe we'll watch the other before we go to the his parents house later today.

Today is Easter, so Happy Easter!




my read shelf:
Gayle C.'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

No comments:

Post a Comment