Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Book Number 2 for SuBC = finished! I read Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn to fit the "read a book with a black cover". I ordered on Goodreads bookswap a little bit ago and just got around to reading it. But I'm glad I did - once I started, I could not put it down.

The plot: A reporter from Chicago returns to the hometown she left more than a decade ago to cover a possible serial killer (targeting young girls).

This book kept me guessing about who the killer really was. I had it narrowed down to two people, and in the last 3 chapters, they arrested one of those people. But right before the end of the book, there was a twist and it was the other person I suspected. The story is very dark and twisted, but written very well.

4 stars/5 stars :)

Next up: Go Ask Alice (book written in a diary form)

No comments:

Post a Comment