Saturday, January 16, 2010

I really need to catch up this weekend

Okay, so last Tuesday I went to the library for the first time in at least a year. Normally I buy all my books, but if I plan to read 100 books this year (which, to do, I need to get my butt moving), I would easily spend $1500-2000! I love the library, though. I love the plastic book covers on the hardbacks, I love browsing the bookshelves, I love the way library books smell. I love the thought of how many other people have read the exact same book. So, the sooner I finish the 3 I checked out, the sooner I get to go back. Hopefully that means Tuesday.

I finished Audrey, Wait! this morning. For a YA book, it was pretty good. I was a little annoyed at the grammar mistakes that were left in the book when it was published, and the fact that one character was named one thing and then a paragraph later (and all subsequent mentions of the character), she had a completely different name! But the book reminded me of being young, although my teenage years were nothing compared to Audrey's and her friends. It made me think of what it was like when I was 17 and just starting to date a boy. And then it made me really glad that I am in my (late) 20s, married and not dating ever again :)

The other two books that I am working on are The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky and The Undomestic Goddess by the shopaholic girl. I have started several books by BD, but have never managed to finish one. I definitely think I will finish this one, and While My Sister Sleeps. I also liked the Shopaholic series, and I am pretty sure this book will be a quick, easy read.


3 down, 97 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment