Sunday, January 3, 2010

1 down, 99 to go

With the Bengals-Jets game in the background, I have finished my first book of 2010, Your Heart Belongs to Me. The quick summary on the back of the book was a little misleading, as it says
One year after the heart transplant that saved his life, thirty-five-year old Ryan Perry has never felt better. He's getting back everything he nearly lost forever - his business, his life, and with luck, his beloved girlfriend. Miracles do happen. Then the unmarked gifts begin to arrive - a box of candy hearts, a heart-shaped pendant. Most disturbing of all is a graphic heart-surgery video and its chilling message: Your heart belongs to me. Ryan is being stalked by someone who feels entitled to everything he has. She's the spitting image of the twenty-six-year old donor of the heart beating steadily in Ryan's chest. And she's come to take it back.
This plotline doesn't start to form until page 200, more than halfway through the book. The plot leading up to it is intriguing, and important to the culmination of all of the sub-plots. However, I was disappointed when I first started reading, as it was not what I was expecting.

Overall, I enjoyed the book and give it 3.5/5

Tomorrow I am going to resolve my library card issues and pick up The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown from my dad. Until then, I am going to catch up with Jennifer Lancaster and her book Bitter is the New Black (which does not count towards my 100 books of the year, since I started it several months ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment