Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break

Spring Break is finally here!  Yesterday was the first official day, and I have to tell you, I was already a little bored out of my  mind.  It felt like a Saturday and Nate was working (as he is today, on an actual Saturday) and I just sat around and read my book (11/22/63, which is a giant book and I am making slow progress on.  I need to hurry up because its due back on the 11.  Yikes!)  I don't know what I am going to do next week, when Nate is working Mon-Friday and I am here, alone.  Still.
Yes, I do - I will be reading.  I am attempting to do the Spring Book Challenge on the Nest this time.  I always start them and never finish.  I get bored with the categories or a better book comes along (as in, the library gets in all my holds at once!).  But this time, I picked books that I already have on my wishlist at the library (although, one book I am 34 in line, so I might have to rethink that one) or already own.  I need to make a concerted effort to read books that are on my 4 bookcases.  They aren't just decorations!

In other areas...
Tee's wedding was about a week and a half ago.  So much fun!  She got married in Disney at the Wedding Pavilion and it was beautiful.  Her reception was at the Grand Floridian and half way through Mickey and Minnie and Pluto came to visit!  It was, by far, my favorite part of the day - dancing with Mickey Mouse!
Nate and I at the end of the night, after watching the fireworks outside and dancing all night. (My second favorite part - most of the ladies who were at the reception put on Mickey ears during the dancing.  The ears are so fancy now!)

The three of us - me, Jul, and Tee.
(I met Tee when my college roommate (Jul) invited me to Disney for Tee's 21st birthday.  I kind of knew her before that, but we became really close after that.  So here we are, almost 9 years later, back in Disney!)

No comments:

Post a Comment