Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Smithville

One of my favorite places to go is Historic Smithville.  Yesterday, after lunch with my sister (All You Can Eat Sushi at Tomo), we headed over there.  There is a gift shop (http://www.pocketfullofposiesnj.com/) that sells Vera Bradley, which A and I are pretty much obsessed with (it all started with a wristlet in 2010) - we each have, easily, 15 items a piece.  We normally go in and browse, and find it impossible to leave without purchasing something (I got a head warmer for bus duty and A got the resort tote and beach towel).  Next stop was Through the Looking Glass (http://www.lookingglasstea.bigcartel.com/about-us), which is my favorite tea store.  I love the colors in there and their tea is delicious - my favorite is the chocolate chai.  We weren't there very long, just long enough for my iced tea to finish brewing.  Next, we headed to the Little Egg Harbor Soap Company (http://lehsoap.com/).  I only buy soap from here.

A few year ago, my dermatologist prescribed me antibiotic cream for my rosacea.  Which only dried out my skin terribly.  And no amount of moisturizer could help.  Eventually, I stopped using the cream.  This past year, I wandered into LEH Soap during Octoberfest (my FAVORITE time to visit Smithville).  It was pretty busy - everything gets really packed during Octoberfest.  But the woman who was working found time to assist me and recommended the Detox soap and the Bobbisue Therapy soap (alternating the two every other day or so).  My skin is so much healthier!  I have since started using the Beta-Carrot bars as my all over soap and Nate uses the Men's moisturizing line.  I use the Balm on my cuticles and my dry lips (especially in the winter!).  Yesterday, my sister got the soap curls, which is their alternative to pump soap.  Its vegan and alcohol free!  I highly recommend the products here - they really are my favorite skin care line!

Anyway, today I get to go back because I left the bag with my soap curls there.  My goal is to leave without purchasing anything new.  Wish me luck!  I'll probably have a hot tea in my hand, too.

her eyes were bigger than her stomach!


No comments:

Post a Comment