Saturday, April 2, 2011

Delirium - Lauren Oliver

I had HUGE expectations for this book, mostly because I was so moved by Before I Fall (to the point I practically shoved the book down my younger sister's throat and told her she HAD to read it).

I really enjoyed this book. It made me remember what it felt like to first fall in love. From the first night Alex and Lena spent in the woods, I wanted them to escape together.  And even though this book was part-dystopian, I never really felt that. The government was super controlling and there were a ton of restrictions, but I don't think that the plot was too focused around it. It played an incredibly crucial part in the story, but it wasn't the central idea. I think that is why I liked it so much. Lena never set out to go against the rules, but that's exactly what she ended up doing. That is what made her so likable.

I didn't realize that it was supposed to be part of a trilogy, so I was really upset with the ending at first.  I was left feeling "That's it?!?".  But now, I cannot wait until the second one comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment